Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Etsy Shop!

Well, after much hard work, I finally got my Etsy shop up and running! Please come by and take a look!

I owe many thanks to Naida of Crochet Mama's Blog, who made the too-cute banner for my shop. Thank you so much, Naida!

Other than that, not much has been going on here. My sister and brother in law invited me and my husband and kids over for dinner last weekend, for the kids' birthdays. We had stuffed shells (mmmm!), garlic bread, and an ice cream cake. My husband and brother in law also went on a date. No, not really, ha, ha! They both wanted to see this vampire/werewolf movie (I can't even remember the name of it), and neither my sister or I were interested in it, so my brother in law suggested the two of them go together before dinner. I didn't mind. I like horror movies, but I just can't get into the vampire and werewolf ones. My sister and the kids and I stayed at her house and made plans for a surprise for her husband for their one year wedding anniversary, which is coming up in May.

I'm also still looking for another job, without much luck. I have mixed feelings about going back to work though. Financially, I need to go back to work, but when I do, I'm going to miss being home with my kids in the afternoons after school. We have a lot more time for homework and school projects, and I don't feel so chronically crunched for time anymore. But, I don't have the luxury of staying home much longer, so hopefully another job will turn up for me soon, or I'll at least get approved for the unemployment pay. I'm expecting to hear something from the unemployment office next. God willing, it'll be good news.

About the only other good thing about being out of work right now is not having to trudge outside into the snow every morning. This has a been a particularly bad winter here in Cleveland. We had almost 41 inches of snow in January alone, and another 12 inches just in the past few days, and the kids have had two snow days from school in January alone. This is the second snowiest winter we've had since 1978. So, what happened to global warming??!!

10 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Great job with your Etsy shop cute stuff. I know what you mean about this weather. Here it has been crazy tired of the cold and all that dang snow. Also 2 snowdays from school for Nesa as well. Can't wait until this snow go away. :)

Bezzie said...

I hearted you on Etsy!

41 inches of snow---purrrrrr!

Deneen said...

The shop looks great-Rav has a group there, Etsy hookers and they are accepting new members now 9they only do it every 3-4 months), I'll send you an invite.

Deneen said...

Laura-send me you email addy please. I lost my inbox last week doing something and well, lost a ton of addy's-yarnsandmusings (at)gmail.com

Crafty Christina said...

I absoluteky love your banner! I'm going to heart you on Etsy too!

The Bookworm said...

your ETSY shop looks great laura!
we've had such a bad winter here, I cant wait for Spring.
enjoy your weekend ;O)

http://yarnchick.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Its an Excellent blog post.....
How to Crochet

Christy T said...

Congrats on the Etsy shop!!! I wish you GREAT luck!!!

And, I ADORE the idea of adding ruffles to those bottoms that I made... We'll see what I can figure out :)

Mei Travis said...

Nice work in your Etsy shop. I especially like the Blue Cloche, and the Tweedy Green Hat.

Nisha said...

very nice! naida is wonderful and did a good job on your shop banner. love the clarity of your pics too!